We’re looking for a senior Java/J2EE developer to work within a dynamic and fast-paced software development team and environment. The project methodology ranges from agile to waterfall. Our client operates in the financial sector and is well known as an innovative organization looking to make transformational change within the industry.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 10 years enterprise level, end-to-end Java web development experience
- Deep understanding of current technologies and best practices of web application design and implementations
- Write, integrate and test code for new development as well as maintenance and enhancement projects
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience with WAS and IBM RAD
- Expert level understanding of J2EE architecture
- Experience with Code Reviews and preparing and executing test cases / test scripts
- Strong working experience with integration of Web Services (Soap based and RESTful).
- Prepare technical documentation
- Provide support to end users and act as prime for production support every couple of months
- Participate in code reviews
- Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently are both critical
- Works well in team settings as well as individually
- Experience working within the financial sector is a benefit